A special treat each day leading up to any occasion!
Make one to have for two weeks leading up to a birthday, or 10 days to the end of school. For mom make her a countdown of 15 days to the start of school. Or countdown days till Christmas or New Years.
WHAT TO DO:
1. Decide how many days you'll be counting down (we did 12)
2. Cut that many pieces of ribbon, about 6 inches each
3. Roll out about 3 ft of plastic wrap on a flat surface. We generally put 6-8 items on each 3 ft piece depending on how many days we're counting down. Then we just make as many 3 ft sections as we need. (For example with 12 days we put 6 pieces of candy on each 3 ft section. When we did 25 days for Christmas we used 3- 3ft sections and put 8 items on two strips and 9 on another.)
4. Place the candies down the center of the plastic wrap spaced about 2 inches apart. (leave enough room at either end for tying the sections together.)
5. Fold over both edges to cover the candy
6. Starting at the top, tie a ribbon above each candy
7. Once you've finished filling the 3 ft sections tie them together
8. Write the numbers for each countdown day on a small label or use paper and tape
9. Put one number label on each item