There’s nothing like a completely upcycled Halloween costume to make you feel thrifty.
Combine a box, a black plastic flowerpot, buttons, toilet paper and paper towel tubes, an old cd and some pipe cleaners and we had for a very happy robot. (I know he doesn’t look real happy on the photo…so you’ll just have to trust me).
The initial modeling of the costume had to be done by Alexandra…because, well, she wanted to try it on first.
We used toilet paper tubes cut in half on the top of the body to secure the head in place without having to glue it. I didn’t want to mess with trying to glue the head to the body, and I wanted Jarod to be able to take the head off without having to remove the whole costume.
An old cd, buttons, and the painted tubes made for the knobs and gadgets.
All in all it looked pretty good, too good in fact, since both the girls want one after Halloween so they can all play robot family.