Ok, so I’m terrible at keeping track of the good deeds the twins are doing this past week. I will do better this week. Maybe if I keep a little notepad with me and mark them down….
but I can remember some of the things we did last week.
1. With not too much thought, the twins decided to hold the door for some folks as they went to a play in the afternoon. It’s an old fashioned gesture, but one that people really seem to appreciate, especially when it is a child holds the door open for them.
2. Another day presented a good deed we never would have thought of doing. At the produce market some older individuals were having trouble opening the plastic bags to put their produce in. You know how you can’t get the bag to seperate, and then you can’t even figure out which end to open. Well the kids helped two different people open a few plastic bags and they were so grateful….the twins made their morning.
3. They cut some of our daffodils and left them and a note for a neighbor of ours to brighten their day when they got home from work.
4. They helped younger children plant seeds in cups while we were assisting with farm tours at the Flint Hill Farm. The kids who didn’t want to get their hands dirty were especially grateful for the help.
5. They helped sew a pillowcase with trains on it (just like Jarod’s favorite) for our priest on his 70th birthday. He loved it, and the kids felt great.
I’m sure they’ll come up with more great things to do this week… now if I can just find a notebook to mark them all down.